Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Review #2 : Jaipur Palace, DBN North

Greetings to all. Today, being a fasting day I was craving a broad beans bunny. A few months ago I remember eating a Beans bunny from Jaipur Palace @ Durban North which tasted too good for words. I was very impressed with that bunny chow.

So today I told the guys at work that we all should go and try out the bunnies from Jaipur Palace once again. On our way to Durban North we got stuck in a bit of traffic due to the roadworks by the new stadium.

The new Jaipur Palace Express Take Away is a very classy joint and appealing to patrons due to their cleanliness and setup. My colleague ordered a 1/4 mutton and I ordered a 1/4 broad beans. Now some info for everyone: the price of the sit down meal is about 4 to 5 rand more than the take away item. The reason for this is that they state in the menu that they provide the following with the Sit Down meal:

  • Extra Gravy in a bowl
  • Serviettes and Wet Wipes
  • Soji
  • Papad

So we both decided to have our meals there and see what they were giving. The mutton bunny came first and we were astonished with the size of it. No word of lie - it was large with the pieces of meat overflowing from on top of the bunny. And as they promised, it came with a small bowl of soji, extra gray and papad with a bowl of salad.

I must admit, this was value for money and the presentation was excellent.

Then came my broad beans bunny. Looked almost the same as the mutton bunny with all items discussed above. At first bite, it felt as if they forgot to cook the curry fully. I didn't like it one bit. I felt like returning it for a mixed veg but I didn't want to cause a problem so I just kept on eating it.

Basically the broad beans were not fresh. They used canned broad beans / butter beans to make the curry and there was a hint of the taste of preservatives. The gravy wasn't that grand either.

After I tackled the bunny - though I must admit that I didn't enjoy it one bit - I then tackled the soji and papad. That on the other hand that was excellent and well worth the praise.

I apologize for not posting any pictures on this article but next time I will post a picture of the mutton bunnies which looked excellent to me.

PS. I wont comment on the mutton bunny as I haven't tasted it for a while. Wait for my review coming shortly.

Likes:
Good Price - R15
Excellent Size
Presented perfectly

Dislikes
Taste
Quality of ingredients

My overall rating of the bunny is 5 / 10 . The tinned beans didn't taste good at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment