Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Review #1 : Hollywood - Springfield Park



Today I decided to take my crew out for a post birthday lunch. Yesterday was a fasting day for me so I had to postpone the celebration. We decided to go someplace we had never been before and Hollywood came to mind as we always spoke about going to that place but never got round to doing it.

I was waiting in anticipation to taste this bunny as I had heard from a few people that the chow was tops. So we drove from town into the realm of Springfield Park where our adventure would begin. When we got to Hollywood there was no parking available because that place is always full.

We managed to get a table and sat down to order the meal - 3 quarter mutton and a coke, cream soda and a liquifruit.

The drinks came about 5 minutes later and the waitress told us they didn't have liquifruit, so my friend had to change his order to an orange juice.

After 15 minutes of waiting we finally got the food. At first glance the bunnies looked quite delicious - average size and loaded with meat and a large potatoes at the top.
At first bite the bunny tasted like it had been cooked with fish curry spice as it had a hint of fish curry in it. But once we got used to it, it started tasting a bit better.

My bunny was loaded with meat. Nowadays you hardly get more meat than bread. The meat was soft and there were less bones which made it easier to eat. I must say that the bunny was a bit dry and lacked gravy. I usually like to soak the virgin in gravy before I start to tackle the rest of the bunny but there was nothing to soak up.

The curry was a bit spicy but ok. The potatoes were also a bit on the dry side and out of the three bunnies that we got served - 2 of them were funny bunnies.

Overall I would say that it was an "OK" bunny and @ R26 well worth the price. Drinks were also moderately priced and the service was better than some of the other spots we had been to - yet 15 minutes sometimes feels like 1 hour.

Likes:
Alot of Meat
Good Bread and size
Good Price

Dislikes:
Fish curry taste
Less Gravy
Dry potatoes

My overall rating of the bunny is 6 / 10 . The bunny lacked the flavour you expect from a bunny. I will not be returning to Hollywood anytime soon.

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday I decided to try the famous Hollywood bunny and to tell you the truth, I was not really impressed.

    First of all I didn't really like the setting and the table was dirty. Secondly, the bunny I received was filled with gravy but only half the bunny was actual mutton as the rest was mostly fat.

    Every mutton curry has to have potatoes but my bunny had none. And the waitress said that there wasn't any left. However the ten people that arrived after me had huge potatoes in their bunnies.

    As for the drinks... I am an Indian gal who loves tea so I ordered tea. I was not to pleased when my tea arrived with oil in it.

    I agree that though it was reasonably priced, I will not be returning to Hollywood anytime soon either.

    ReplyDelete