Review #11 - TSD Ultra Lounge

Many Durbanites would have heard of the famous TSD Ultra lounge that was once based in Springfield Park. Apparently after the looting that occured in the area, these guys moved to North Coast Road.

I had visited the North Coast road restaurant before but didn't take the time to review the bunny.  The bunny was good, but not in my top 5.  I decided to give them another try. 

All the guys at work decided to go out for a Friday lunch, and since TSD was the closest to the office, we made a booking to go there.  Now you might be wondering why we made a booking. This place gets super busy on a Friday and we didn't want to wait for a table. Also we went there with quite a big crowd.  

When we got to TSD we were greeted with smiles from the waiters. I told them I have a reservation and they took us to our table in a private area of the venue.  The whole crew ordered mutton bunnies and 500ml cool drinks. Food was served in a few minutes which was excellent being that it was a busy Friday.

Now let's talk about the bunny.  


At first glance you will notice that it came overflowing. Not that it's a bad thing , but when you see a small piece of virgin bread , you always suspect that they didn't dig the bunny deep enough. So they then load the curry around the plate to give it that visual appeal.  

When you reach the end of your bunny and notice that the bottom piece of bread is dry, you will know if you been duped.  

I was expecting this to be the case. 

The curry was steaming hot, so I decided to use the virgin to scoop all that lovely gravy on the side of the plate. The flavour of the curry was good.  There was perfect balance of heat and flavour. Even though the curry looked very red, it wasn't that hot. More tasty than hot.  

As the curry cooled down, I decided to sample the first piece of meat.  Meat was tender and tasty.  You can see that these guys are buying quality meat.  Potatoes were UTD and was soaked with the gravy.  Lovely. 

Meat was loaded, but I was preparing myself for disappointment because I knew they never dig this bunny deep enough. When I got to the bottom of the bunny, I was proven wrong.  This thing was dug deep.  I had more curry and meat left than bread.  This was an excellent bunny. 

For the first time in a long time I ate a bunny that was this big and loaded with meat.  I wanted to give up at a certain point, but the flavour and appeal of this bunny wouldn't allow me to waste it.  

Eventually I finished the bunny and was very satisfied. It was better than the first time I visited here.  All my crew finished theirs as well with no complaints, so we knew that this was a good bunny.  

So this is my verdict out of 10:

Service : 9

Quality and quantity of meat : 8

Taste : 7

Size of bunny : 10

My overall rating of this bunny is a 8/10.

 It was almost the perfect bunny , but I feel the taste was a bit standard. No special magical flavour. But kudos to TSD, they getting better and better.  Let's hope that consistency is maintained over the years.  




   

Comments