Monday, July 4, 2011

Review # 6 : Silverani's Express




Hi to all.

Its been a long time since I've posted anything on the blog. I guess I have been too busy with life and work. Anyways, this weekend I visited a new "take away" called Silverani's express in Musgrave centre. Silverani's restaurant has been around for quite some time but I have never visited it even though I was convinced that it is quite good. Alot of people I know gave me good reviews of this place (In Suncoast and Silverton Road)

Anyways back to the review. It was quite late - 8:30 PM or so and I was still a bit hungry even though I had supper a few hours earlier. I checked this place out and told my girlfriend that I have to try a Beans bunny here because I heard so much about this "franchise". So, I ordered a 1/4 broad beans and a buddy Stoney. The bunny came in about 5 minutes and I oped the packet.

To my surprise it was contained in a "bunny box". I had heard about this a few years back and Silverani's were the only restaurant offering the bunny in this box. It is the best invention ever. Everything is in the box - and the best part is that the box opens up completely to a large "plate".

Anyways I was really impressed with the packaging - it was now time to sample the bunny. First bite and I was taken away. The broad beans was really good. Let me tell you how good: It tasted like an open fire cooked beans curry that you usually get at weddings. Only thing this tasted better. I cant express this in words.

My overall rating of this bunny is 8/10 - Vegetarian category

Likes:
The packaging, salad, mouthwatering curry

Dislikes:
It was hard to find something that I disliked about my experience. Maybe the fact that I was given a funny bunny. My girlfriend says I'm too much of a critic. She says that someone will end up with the mid section of a loaf most of the time. I agree.

2 comments:

  1. Great review! Found your site by accident. Keep up the updates!Reading your blog from the US.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Reading. My mum is Silverani and my dad Monty. They take great pride in every aspect of the food that they serve. My dad shops for the freshest ingredients(personally) and my mum cooks using her very own blend of spices. I still use the same in Cape Town as no other masala will do. They will be so pleased about your experience. Please visit them at their restaurant in Glenwood. As their grandson is also named Nikhil, you will certainly be given the royal treatment. Regards, Sugania

    ReplyDelete